RELAX & RENEW®
Learning Conscious Deep Resting
" The natural healing force within each of us is the greatest force in getting well.” ― Hippocrates
WHAT IS RESTORATIVE YOGA?
Restorative yoga is an active conscious relaxation practice as an antidote to the stressors of modern every-day-life. It is neither stretching nor strengthening but very much about releasing the muscular, mental and emotional tension in the body that may lead to many illnesses from mild to severe such as anxiety, depression, heart diseases, digestive system issues, auto-immune disorders, sleeping and eating disorders and even cancer. It's an incredibly calming and therapeutic application, and intense in terms of creating the sense of ease & softness throughout the body. It is a form of yoga that’s scientifically aims the Parasympathetic Nervous System (PNS) to artificially trigger “Relaxation Response” (feel good & heal/restore effect) in your body and does not require any strong physical effort. During a restorative yoga session, we create positions of ease and comfort with the help of props to promote maximum level of relaxation and health. It is a very gentle and therapeutic form of yoga with the goal of conscious deep rest. Restorative yoga facilitates your body's own natural healing quality.
Restorative yoga balances a hectic and stressful modern lifestyle and has an enormous capacity to heal physical and mental effects of everyday stress, and as we know, many diseases these days are stress related. Restorative yoga accelerates the body's natural healing process. During deep relaxation, all the systems of the body are benefited from the practice. Restorative yoga postures help us learn to relax our overstimulated mind and body and to rest deeply and completely to achieve physical, mental and emotional release.
This practice suits everyone but it is especially helpful to those who are suffering from chronic stress related illnesses and those who are in need for restorative emotional support. It’s being especially popular with students who are recovering from illness or injury. You may leave the session feeling supported, grounded and connected.
This practice is great to balance an active yoga schedule or to give yourself a break when you feel under the weather, too.
HOW TO DO IT?
For Restorative yoga, the intention is to relax as far as possible into the postures, using as little physical effort as possible with the aid of props, without strain or pain. The mind focuses on the breath in order to cultivate mindfulness and release tension from the body. It is neither stretching nor strengthening practice but very much opening. It is a therapeutic form of yoga with the goal of conscious deep rest to facilitate rest & digest response of the body - the opposite of fight or flight response. Restorative yoga classes tend to be relaxing and slow paced, with a whole sequence using postures which are held for long periods of time. Props, like blocks, bolsters, blankets and straps are used so that you are supported in your pose comfortably. Gentle music may be played, and the practice may be combined with guided meditation.
Resting is not a luxury or an optional privilege you have, it is essential for self-preservation and a manifestation of your respect to your unique life.
*Relax & Renew® Restorative Yoga is a signature training and can be taught only by internationally registered teachers.
YOU CAN PRACTISE RESTORATIVE YOGA FOR:
A Treat in your Self-Care Routine (A mini-retreat) | Stress Management (Slowing Down the Pace of Life) | Pain Management (Like in Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Arthritis, Old Injury, Neck/Back/Knee Pain etc.) | Soothing to the Nervous System | Anxiety & Depression | Mood Swings | Fatigue & Stress | Eating Disorders | Digestive Issues and Abdominal Pain Lower Back Pain | Stimulation of Inner Organs | Menopause | Menstrual Period Cramps | Nourishing your Reproductive System / Fertility | General Health During Pregnancy | Postpartum Period | Migraine & Headache | Sleep Disorders & Insomnia | Easing any Difficulties in Breathing | Jet-Lag | Spinal Health | Better Posture | Finding Calm & Clarity in Mind | Body & Self-Awareness | Self-Acceptance & Detachment | Feeling Safe and Nurtured | Relief in Grief
BENEFITS OF RESTORATIVE YOGA:
1. Helps you reach an optimal alignment through conscious deep resting.
2. In terms of time, it reaches nerves and organs, including respiratory, circulatory and nervous systems through long stay in the postures with the help of props used.
3. Deeply relaxes and regenerates both the body and the mind.
4. Helps you to renew and go on with your week.
5. It helps to relieve anxiety & depression relatively faster than other practices.
6. Helps sleep problems and insomnia.
7. Develops qualities of patience, the ability to focus, compassion and understanding towards self and others.
8. Stills the mind, enhances mood states.
9. Boosts the immune system, balances the nervous system.
10. Improves respiratory capacity and blood circulation.
11. Relieves pain in specific body areas, such as neck, lower back, hips.
12. Increases self-awareness and offers opportunities for mindfulness and meditation.
13. Helps to find ease when you are physically, emotionally or mentally tired.
14. Improves capacity for healing and balancing.
15. Helps to cope with serious illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes or cardiovascular disease
16. It promotes improvement in digestion, fertility, elimination and the reduction of muscle tension and general fatigue.